Excited-state relaxation of protonated adenine
Cited 16 times inCited 14 times in
- Excited-state relaxation of protonated adenine
- Nolting, Dirk; Weinkauf, Rainer; Hertel, I.V.; Schultz, Thomas
- Conical intersections; Heterocycles; Nucleobases; Protonation; Time-resolved spectroscopy
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- CHEMPHYSCHEM, v.8, no.5, pp.751 - 755
- The excited state dynamics of protonated adenine in the gas phase were investigated by femtosecond pump-probe transient mass spectroscopy. Adenine was protonated in an electrosproy ionization source and transferred to a Paul trap. Two femtosecond laser pulses at 266 nm and 800 nm excited the lowest electronic pi pi* state and probed the excited-state dynamics by monitoring ion fragment formation. The measured excited state decay is monoexponential with a lifetime shorter than 161 fs. This agrees with a theoretical prediction of very fast internal conversion via a conical intersection with the ground state.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.