Time- and frequency-resolved photoionization of the C (2)A(2) state of the benzyl radical, C7H7
Cited 2 times inCited 1 times in
- Time- and frequency-resolved photoionization of the C (2)A(2) state of the benzyl radical, C7H7
- Margraf, Markus; Noller, Bastian; Schroeter, Christian; Schultz, Thomas; Fischer, Ingo
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL PHYSICS, v.133, no.7
- The structure and dynamics of the C A2 2 electronically excited state of the benzyl radical, C7 H7, were investigated by nanosecond and femtosecond pump-probe photoionization. A free jet of benzyl radicals was generated by flash pyrolysis from the precursors 2-phenylethyl nitrite and toluene. Nanosecond multiphoton ionization spectra show a number of vibronic bands that are excited in the wavelength range of 290-310 nm. At excitation wavelengths of 305, 301, and 298 nm, rapid biexponential decay of the excited states was observed. Lifetimes at the C-state origin (305 nm excitation) are 400 fs and 4.5 ps. The lifetimes decrease with increasing excitation energy. The dynamics can be understood within a two-step internal conversion to the electronic ground state.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.