Simultaneous visualization of graphene grain boundaries and wrinkles with structural information by gold deposition
Cited 1 times inCited 0 times in
- Simultaneous visualization of graphene grain boundaries and wrinkles with structural information by gold deposition
- Yu, Seong Uk; Park, Beomjin; Cho, Yeonchoo; Hyun, Seung; Kim, Jin Kon; Kim, Kwang S.
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS NANO, v.8, no.8, pp.8662 - 8668
- Although line defects such as grain boundaries (GBs) and wrinkles are unavoidable in graphene, difficulties in identification preclude studying their impact on electronic and mechanical properties. As previous methods focus on a single type of line defect, simultaneous measurements of both GBs and wrinkles with detailed structural information have not been reported. Here, we introduce effective visualization of both line defects by controlled gold deposition. Upon depositing gold on graphene, single lines and double lines of gold nanoparticles (NPs) are formed along GBs and wrinkles, respectively. Moreover, it is possible to analyze whether a GB is stitched or overlapped, whether a wrinkle is standing or folded, and the width of the standing collapsed wrinkle. Theoretical calculations show that the characteristic morphology of gold NPs is due to distinct binding energies of line defects, which are correlated to disrupting diffusion of NPs. Our approach could be further exploited to investigate the defect structures of other two-dimensional materials.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.