Mechanically Stable Flexible Organic Photovoltaics with Silver Nanomesh for Indoor Applications
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Mechanically Stable Flexible Organic Photovoltaics with Silver Nanomesh for Indoor Applications
- Kim, Jae Won; Chung, Sung-il; Kim, Pan Kyeom; Ha, Tae-gyu; Yeop, Jiwoo; Lee, Woojin; Rasool, Shafket; Kim, Jin Young
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES, v.15, no.4, pp.5378 - 5386
- Enhanced device performance of flexible organic solar cells (FOSCs) was achieved according to the development of organic solar cells (OSCs). OSCs are promising candidates as energy sources for low-power supply systems such as the Internet of Things (IoT) under indoor lighting environments. To apply FOSCs to flexible or wearable applications, they must be mechanically stable. In this study, we fabricated FOSCs with silver nanomesh (AgNM) as the bottom transparent conductive electrode (TCE). Instead of indium tin oxide (ITO), AgNMs were prepared using three pitches of 25, 50, and 100 mu m with a square pattern, using a poly(ethylene terephthalate) (PET) substrate. Notably, the device using AgNMs with a pitch of 25 mu m exhibited a power conversion efficiency (PCE) of 14.93% under 1 sun illumination and 17.91% under 1000 lux of light-emitting diode (LED) light conditions. Flexible devices using AgNMs maintained over 92% of their initial PCE under 1 sun illumination (PCE decreased to 12.98 from 14.04%) and over 92% when tested under 1000 lux of LED light illumination (PCE decreased to 16.57 from 17.91%) after 1000 instances of bending. These results demonstrate the advantages of using AgNMs as an alternative TCE under both 1 sun and indoor lightning environments and are promising candidates for flexible applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- CN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.