Fabrication method for UO2 pellets with large grains or a single grain by sintering in air
Cited 4 times inCited 5 times in
- Fabrication method for UO2 pellets with large grains or a single grain by sintering in air
- Joung, Chang Young; Lee, Soo Chul; Kim, Si Hyung; Kim, Han Soo; Sohn, Dong-Seong
- URANIUM-DIOXIDE; MICROSTRUCTURE; FUELS
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- JOURNAL OF NUCLEAR MATERIALS, v.375, no.2, pp.209 - 212
- The effects of a powder treatment, the sintering temperature and the sintering time on the grain growth of UO2 pellets were investigated in air to obtain UO2 pellets with large grains. Air could be used for sintering because an oxidation path above 1803 K does not pass through a two-phase (UO2+x + U3O8-z) region. The UO2 pellets sintered by the CO2-air-CO2-H2 process consisted of a single grain or some large grains in the order of several millimeters.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.