Crystal structure of Ca1.29Bi0.14VO4
Cited 5 times inCited 5 times in
- Crystal structure of Ca1.29Bi0.14VO4
- Kim, MS; Lah, Myoung Soo; Kim, HK
- Issue Date
- KOREAN CHEMICAL SOC
- BULLETIN OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.23, no.1, pp.98 - 102
- The structure of a single crystal, grown by a slow cooling a melt of Ca1.29Bi0.14VO4 composition, was analyzed. The crystals belong to the rhombohedral space group R3c and the dimensions of the unit cells are a = 10.848(1) A, c = 38.048(6) A, V = 3877.6(8) A3 for the pale yellow crystal, and a = 10.857(1) A, c = 38.063(6) A, V = 3885.6(8) A3 for the yellow crystal, respectively. Unit cell dimensions of the crystal were larger than those of the host crystal, Ca3(VO4)2, owing to the Bi that replaced Ca in the unit cell. Ca in the unit cell formed six, eight and nine coordinated polyhedra with O atoms and Bi replacing Ca entered the eight or nine coordinated Ca sites with different crystallographic environments in the unit cell. All the V in the unit cell formed four coordinated tetrahedra with O atoms, however V-O bond lengths in the tetrahedra were different from one another.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.