Synthesis and photoluminescence of linear and hyperbranched polyethers containing phenylquinoxaline units and flexible aliphatic spacers
Cited 11 times inCited 11 times in
- Synthesis and photoluminescence of linear and hyperbranched polyethers containing phenylquinoxaline units and flexible aliphatic spacers
- Baek, Jong-Beom; Chien, LC
- Hyperbranched; Linear; Luminescence; Polyphenylquinoxaline (PPQ)
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF POLYMER SCIENCE PART A-POLYMER CHEMISTRY, v.42, no.14, pp.3587 - 3603
- Ultrahigh-molecular-weight linear polyethers were prepared through a reaction between the phenylquinoxaline monomers 2,3-bis(4-hydroxyphenyl)-6- fluoroquinoxaline and 2,3-bis(4-hydroxyphenyl)-6-(α,α,α- trifluoromethyl)quinoxaline and 1,12-dibromododecane. A new hyperbranched polyether containing a phenylquinoxaline moiety was also prepared from a new self-polymerizable AB 2 monomer, 2,3-bis(6-bromohexyloxyphenyl)-6-(4- hydroxyphenyloxy)quinoxaline. All the polyethers were amorphous and soluble in polar aprotic solvents. Their solution-cast thin films were light yellow, ductile, and optically transparent. The polymers were thermally stable up to 350°C and had glass-transition temperatures in the range of 25-83°C, which depended on the architecture and monomer structure. The monomers and polymers displayed fluorescence maxima in the blue-light region in the range of 431-449 nm with relatively narrow peak widths; this indicated that they had pure and intense fluorescence.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.