Friedel-crafts peralkylation of benzene with omega-chloroalkyltrichlorosilanes: One-pot synthesis of polyfunctionalized hexakis[omega-(trichlorosilyl)alkyl]benzenes
Cited 1 times inCited 2 times in
- Friedel-crafts peralkylation of benzene with omega-chloroalkyltrichlorosilanes: One-pot synthesis of polyfunctionalized hexakis[omega-(trichlorosilyl)alkyl]benzenes
- Kim, KM; Kim, JH; Moon, DH; Lah, Myoung Soo; Jung, IN; Yoo, R
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ORGANOMETALLICS, v.24, no.2, pp.226 - 230
- Hexakis [omega-(trichlorosilyl)alkyl] benzenes 2 [alkyl = ethyl (a), propyl (b)] containing 18 peripheral chlorine substituents on the six silicon atoms as functionalities were prepared in 72% and 53% yields by the one-pot reaction of benzene with a 6-fold excess of omega-chloroalkyltrichlorosilanes such as 2-chloroethyltrichlorosilane (1a) and 3-chloropropyltrichlorosilane (1b) in the presence of aluminum chloride, respectively. Single-crystal X-ray analysis of compound 2b reveals that the 18 chlorine substituents on the six silicons are symmetrically located on the outside. Compounds 2a,b reacted easily with methylinagnesium bromide in diethyl ether at room temperature to give hexakis[omega-(trimethylsilyl)alkyl] in high isolated yields of 93 and 94%.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.