Seasonal Variation of Chemical Compositions in PM1.0 in the Atmosphere of Seoul
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Seasonal Variation of Chemical Compositions in PM1.0 in the Atmosphere of Seoul
- Other Titles
- 서울 대기 중 PM1.0의 계절별 화학조성 특성
- Kwon, Sujin; Li, Hyung Bae; Shin, Hye Jung; Lee, Sang-Jin; Choi, Sung-Deuk; Lee, Ji Yi
- Issue Date
- Journal of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, v.38, no.6, pp.852 - 868
- In this study, to characterize PM1.0 concentrations and chemical composition, seasonal PM1.0 samples were collected using a single channel particulate sampler equipped with PM1.0 cyclone and quantified the chemical compositions of PM1.0. The sampling of PM1.0 was carried out at the Seoul Metropolitan Area Air Pollution Research Center located at Bulgwang in Seoul. The 8 ions (Cl-, NO3 -, SO4 2-, Na+, NH4 +, K+, Ca2+, and Mg2+), organic carbon (OC), elemental carbon (EC), and 13 elements (As, Cd, Cu, Zn, Pb, Cr, Mn, Fe, Ni, K, V, Se, and Al) were analyzed in the PM1.0 samples. The annual average of PM1.0 mass concentration was 18±10 μg/m3 with the highest in winter as 30±9 μg/m3 and the lowest of 12±6 μg/m3 in fall.
Among the chemical components of PM1.0, OC was the most dominating component, and variations of OC and SO4 2- were not significant, whereas NO3 - and EC showed distinct seasonal variations, highest in winter and lowest in summer. The distributions of precursor gases, oxidation ratio, and meteorological data were used to characterize the difference in PM1.0 chemical composition between normal and heavy pollution periods. High PM1.0 concentrations in the spring were associated with increases in precursor gas concentrations, whereas in the winter, transport of PM1.0 could cause a significant effect on PM1.0 concentrations with chemical components.
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.