Group constants generation by Monte Carlo code MCS for LWR analysis
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Group constants generation by Monte Carlo code MCS for LWR analysis
- Nguyen, Trung Dong Cao; Lee, Deokjung
- Issue Date
- Elsevier BV
- COMPUTER PHYSICS COMMUNICATIONS, v.285, pp.108642
- This paper presents the generation of few-group constants using the Monte Carlo (MC) code MCS for light-water reactor (LWR) analysis. The few-group constants are fed into the conventional diffusion nodal code to perform neutronic analysis. This study investigates three methods, B1, P1, and CASMO-4E (CM), to obtain the critical spectrum for correcting the cross-section for LWR analysis. The inflow transport correction based on the PN solution is integrated into the MCS in addition to the typical outflow transport correction in the MC codes. A numerical case study comparing the two-step code MCS/PARCS and MCS standalone results is required to determine the best combination in the transport/diffusion two-step to achieve a high-fidelity LWR analysis. Numerical tests with small and large LWR cores show that the CM method combined with inflow transport correction is the most accurate for two-step code MCS/diffusion in terms of the eigenvalues and power profiles.
- Appears in Collections:
- NUE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.