Regioselective chemical modification of fullerene by destructive electrophilic reaction in polyphosphoric acid/phosphorus pentoxide
Cited 5 times inCited 7 times in
- Regioselective chemical modification of fullerene by destructive electrophilic reaction in polyphosphoric acid/phosphorus pentoxide
- Lim, Dae-Hyun; Lyons, Christopher B.; Tan, Loon-Seng; Baek, Jong-Beom
- Chemical-; Electrophilic reaction; Fullerene; Regio-selective
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY C, v.112, no.32, pp.12188 - 12194
- An adduct of electrophilic reaction between C 60 and 4-(2,4,6-trimethylphenoxy)benzamide was afforded in a polyphosphoric acid (PPA)/phosphorus pentoxide (P 2O 5) medium at 130 °C. The matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization time-of-flight (MALDI-TOF) mass spectrum of the adduct showed that multiple destructive acylation reactions of 4-(2,4,6-trimethylphenoxy)benzamide on C 60 had occurred to give hexakis(4-(2,4,6-trimethylphenoxy)benzoyl)-substituted C 54. On the basis of the combined results of optical studies, it could be presumably concluded that the regioselective destruction and addition pathway on the C 60 framework might have predominantly occurred to six-membered rings.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.