A comparison study of CORSIKA and COSMOS simulations for extensive air showers
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- A comparison study of CORSIKA and COSMOS simulations for extensive air showers
- Roh, Soonyoung; Kim, Jihee; Ryu, Dongsu; Kang, Hyesung; Kasahara, Katsuaki; Kido, Eiji; Taketa, Akimichi
- Extensive air shower; Monte Carlo simulation; Ultra-high energy cosmic rays
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- ASTROPARTICLE PHYSICS, v.44, no., pp.1 - 8
- Cosmic rays with energy exceeding ∼1018 eV are referred to as ultra-high energy cosmic rays (UHECRs). Monte Carlo codes for extensive air shower (EAS) simulate the development of EASs initiated by UHECRs in the Earth's atmosphere. Experiments to detect UHECRs utilize EAS simulations to estimate their energy, arrival direction, and composition. In this paper, we compare EAS simulations with two different codes, CORSIKA and COSMOS, presenting quantities including the longitudinal distribution of particles, depth of shower maximum, kinetic energy distribution of particle at the ground, and energy deposited to the air. We then discuss implications of our results to UHECR experiments.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.