Structures of blends of poly (p-phenylene sulfide) (PPS) with poly(p-phenylene sulfide ether) (PPSE)
Cited 0 times inCited 2 times in
- Structures of blends of poly (p-phenylene sulfide) (PPS) with poly(p-phenylene sulfide ether) (PPSE)
- Baek, Jong-Beom; Brostow, W.; Garbarczyk, J.; ŁAgocki, G.; Seo, K.-H.
- Issue Date
- TAYLOR & FRANCIS AS
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF POLYMERIC MATERIALS, v.36, no.1-2, pp.65 - 74
- The blends named in the title were investigated by wide-angle X-ray scattering (WAXS). Given relative chemical similarity of the blend components, formation of a homogeneous blend and co-crystallization were distinct possibilities. The results are compatible with the assumption of orthorhombic structure in PPSE, with the same reflex indices as in PPS. Parameters of the unit cell of PPSE computed on that basis are: a = 0.837, b = 0.559 and c = 1.034 nm. The degree of crystallinity of PPS is approximately 10% lower than that of PPSE. In blends separate crystals of the two components appear to be formed; the crystallinity of a given component seems to be neither enhanced nor diminished by the presence of the other component.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.