NUMERICAL OPTIMIZATION OF A QUEUING SYSTEM BY DYNAMIC-PROGRAMMING
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- NUMERICAL OPTIMIZATION OF A QUEUING SYSTEM BY DYNAMIC-PROGRAMMING
- Jung, Mooyoung; LEE, ES
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICAL ANALYSIS AND APPLICATIONS, v.141, no.1, pp.84 - 93
- A numerical method for obtaining the optimal number of servers of a time-dependent M/Ms queueing system is presented. First, an M/M/s queueing system with time-dependent arrival rate is solved numerically to obtain the state probabilities and the expected queue sizes. Then, the optimal number of servers during each 8-h shift of a 24-h day is obtained by dynamic programming. A numerical example is solved to show the effectiveness of the approach.
- Appears in Collections:
- SME_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.