CAD-MAP AND ESTIMATION OF ALV POSITIONS IN MOUNTAINOUS AREAS
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- CAD-MAP AND ESTIMATION OF ALV POSITIONS IN MOUNTAINOUS AREAS
- SUH, SH; KANG, JK; JEE, WS; Jung, Mooyoung; KIM, KS
- AUTONOMOUS LAND VEHICLE; MOBILE ROBOT NAVIGATION; COMPUTER MAP; POSITION ESTIMATION; PATH PLANNING
- Issue Date
- CAMBRIDGE UNIV PRESS
- ROBOTICA, v.12, no.4, pp.287 - 297
- Position estimation is a key issue for an ALV (Autonomous Land Vehicle) in navigating a mountainous area. The unevenness of the terrain makes mechanical velocity sensors inaccurate (due to wheel slippage), and the lack of appropriate landmarks complicates the problem. In this paper, we present a solution method using features of the skyline. The skyline from the vision system is assumed given, and compared with a computer map, called the CAD-MAP. The algorithm is composed of: a) Identification of the peak points in the camera skyline, b) Computing the ALV position for the identified peak points, and c) Searching for the corresponding peak point in the CAD-MAP. Heuristics for computational efficiency and solution accuracy are also included in the algorithm. To test the validity and effectiveness of the algorithm, numerous simulations were performed and analyzed.
- Appears in Collections:
- SBA_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.