Coach design for the Korean high-speed train: a systematic approach to passenger seat design and layout
Cited 6 times inCited 10 times in
- Coach design for the Korean high-speed train: a systematic approach to passenger seat design and layout
- Jung, ES; Han, SH; Jung, Mooyoung; Choe, J
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- APPLIED ERGONOMICS, v.29, no.6, pp.507 - 519
- Proper ergonomic design of a passenger seat and coach layout for a high-speed train is an essential component that is directly related to passenger comfort. In this research, a systematic approach to the design of passenger seats was described and the coach layout which reflected the tradeoff between transportation capacity and passenger comfort was investigated for the Korean high-speed train. As a result, design recommendations and specifications of the passenger seat and its layout were suggested. The whole design process is composed of four stages. A survey and analysis of design requirement was first conducted, which formed the base for designing the first and second class passenger seats. Prototypes were made and evaluated iteratively, and seat arrangement and coach layout were finally obtained. The systematic approach and recommendations suggested in this study are expected to be applicable to the seat design for public transportations and to help modify and redesign existing vehicular seats.
- Appears in Collections:
- SME_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.