One-dimensional double helical structure and 4-fold type [2+2] interpenetration of diamondoid networks with helical fashion
Cited 23 times inCited 23 times in
- One-dimensional double helical structure and 4-fold type [2+2] interpenetration of diamondoid networks with helical fashion
- Lee, Ho Yong; Park, Jaejoon; Lah, Myoung Soo; Hong, Jong-In
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- CRYSTAL GROWTH & DESIGN, v.8, no.2, pp.587 - 591
- We have prepared unique homochiral structures by the self-assembly of a modified amino acid derivative (terephthaloylnionoalanine, L-TMA) with metal ions such as Zn(II) and Cd(II). An L-TMA ligand and Zn(II) ions formed a left-handed, homochiral, double helical chain. However, while L-TMA and Cd(II) ions topologically formed a diamondoid Cd-L-TMA network with 4-fold type [2 + 2] interpenetration, Cd-L-TMA can be morphologically considered as a three-dimensional network of left-handed, double helices. The double helical structure of Zn-L-TMA originated from the self-assembly of individual helical chains by hydrogen bonds and pi-pi interactions, whereas the double helical structures of Cd-L-TMA were observed in an interpenetrating diamondoid net.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.