Carboxylated pillararene-coated gold nanoparticles with chemical stability and enzyme-like activity
Cited 2 times inCited 0 times in
- Carboxylated pillararene-coated gold nanoparticles with chemical stability and enzyme-like activity
- Park, Chiyoung; Jeong, Eun Sun; Lee, Kyung Joo; Moon, Hoi Ri; Kim, Kyoung Taek
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- CHEMISTRY-AN ASIAN JOURNAL, v.9, no.10, pp.2761 - 2764
- A facile synthesis of gold nanoparticles (AuNPs) covered with a multidentate macrocycle, carboxylated pillararene (CP), via a one-pot hydrothermal process is reported. The resulting AuNPs are highly stable against salts and pH variations, while their traditional counterparts are not stable at the same conditions. For the stabilization, multiple carboxylate groups of CP might contribute to electrostatic or steric stabilization. In addition, we found that CP-coated AuNPs exhibit greater peroxidase-like activity than citrate-stabilized AuNPs in the presence of silver cations. The system presented herein would provide a new scheme to fabricate unique sensory systems in combination with enzymes, which can bind to the pocket of CP.
- Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.