Terahertz emission from a plasma dipole oscillation
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Terahertz emission from a plasma dipole oscillation
- Hur, Min Sup; Kumar, Manoj; Song, Hyung Seon; Kang, Teyoun
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY, v.80, pp.852 - 858
- We studied an unrevealed characteristic of radiation emission from a localized plasma oscillator (plasma dipole oscillation-PDO). PDO is a novel concept of generating terahertz emission from a laser plasma-based system. The electromagnetic field generated by a PDO embedded in a uniform plasma, instead of being cut off by the ambient plasma as expected by a common but misleading sense, propagates long distances to escape the plasma eventually. The PDO-THz, differently from other laser plasma-based THz sources, utilizes the collective behavior of the plasma (plasma oscillations) and, accordingly, produces a quasi-narrow-band emission, which can potentially be useful in THz-based accelerator or THz-pump and probe experiments. We verified the PDO mechanism by using realistic three-dimensional particle-in-cell simulations.
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.