Infinite growth in vorticity gradient of compactly supported planar vorticity near Lamb dipole
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Infinite growth in vorticity gradient of compactly supported planar vorticity near Lamb dipole
- Choi, Kyudong; Jeong, In-Jee
- Issue Date
- Elsevier BV
- NONLINEAR ANALYSIS-REAL WORLD APPLICATIONS, v.65, pp.103470
- We prove linear in time filamentation for perturbations of the Lamb dipole, which is a traveling wave solution to the incompressible Euler equations in R2. The main ingredient is a recent nonlinear orbital stability result by Abe–Choi. As a consequence, we obtain linear in time growth for the vorticity gradient for all times, for certain smooth and compactly supported initial vorticity in R2. The construction carries over to some generalized SQG equations.
- Appears in Collections:
- MTH_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.