Novel 48-membered hexadecanuclear and 60-membered icosanuclear manganese metallamacrocycles
Cited 33 times inCited 33 times in
- Novel 48-membered hexadecanuclear and 60-membered icosanuclear manganese metallamacrocycles
- Liu, Wenlong; Lee, Kyungjin; Park, Mira; John, Rohith P.; Moon, Dohyun; Zou, Yang; Liu, Xinfang; Ri, Hyeong-Cheol; Kim, Ghyung Hwa; Lah, Myoung Soo
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- INORGANIC CHEMISTRY, v.47, no.19, pp.8807 - 8812
- Either an S-8 symmetrical 48-membered hexadecanuclear or an S-10 symmetrical 60-membered icosanuclear manganese metallamacrocycle was self-assembled using a manganese ion and a ditopic pentadentate ligand. This was either N-4-phenylbenzoylsalicylhydrazide (H(3)pbshz) containing a rigid rod-shaped, bulky biphenyl residue as a terminal N-acyl group or N-3,3-diphenylpropionylsalicylhydrazide (H(3)dppshz) containing a flexible beta-branched N-acyl group, but with two sterically bulky phenyl residues at the C beta position. The backbone of these metal-organic assemblies is a repeating unit consisting of a -[Mn-N-N-] link that extends to complete either the 48-membered cyclic structure involving 16 manganese(III) centers and 16 ditopic linker ligands or the 60-membered cyclic structure involving 20 manganese(III) centers and 20 ditopic linker ligands (depending on the ligand used). Even though the nuclearity of the metallamacrocycles was different, the successive manganese centers were in the same chiral sequence, ...(Lambda Lambda Delta Delta)(Lambda Lambda Delta Delta)...
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.