Novel Ionophores with 2n-Crown-n Topology: Anion Sensing via Pure Aliphatic C-H center dot center dot center dot Anion Hydrogen Bonding
Cited 3 times inCited 0 times in
- Novel Ionophores with 2n-Crown-n Topology: Anion Sensing via Pure Aliphatic C-H center dot center dot center dot Anion Hydrogen Bonding
- Shi, Genggongwo; Gadhe, Changdev G.; Park, Sung-Woo; Kim, Kwang S.; Kang, Jongmin; Seema, Humaira; Singh, N. Jiten; Cho, Seung Joo
- PHYSIOLOGICAL PH; RECEPTORS; RECOGNITION; COMPLEXES
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ORGANIC LETTERS, v.16, no.2, pp.334 - 337
- A series of novel coronands having a 2n-crown-n topology based on trioxane (6-crown-3) derivatives are designed and characterized. These neutral hosts can sense anions through pure aliphatic C-H hydrogen bonding (HB) in condensed phases due to the unusual topology of 2n-crown-n. C-H bonds are strongly polarized by two adjacent oxygen atoms in this scaffold. These hosts provide a rare opportunity to modulate anion binding strength by changing the electronic nature of aliphatic C-H bonds and offer ease of synthesis.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.