Stage-1 cationic C-60 intercalated graphene oxide films
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Stage-1 cationic C-60 intercalated graphene oxide films
- Chen, Xianjue; Ching, Karin; Rawal, Aditya; Lawes, Douglas J.; Tajik, Mohammad; Donald, William A.; Zhao, Chuan; Lee, Sun Hwa; Ruoff, Rodney S.
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- CARBON, v.175, pp.131 - 140
- A "stage-1" intercalated film has been made by the ion exchange of pyrrolidinium-functionalized C-60 (C-60(Py)(n+)) into centimeter-wide, micrometer-thick air-dried graphene oxide (G-O) films composed of tens of thousands of layers of stacked/overlapping G-O platelets, denoted [C-60(Py)(n+)]G-O films. Spontaneous intercalation by ion exchange of one layer of C-60(Py)(n+) between adjacent G-O layers expands the interlayer spacing of the films from 0.74 nm to 1.46 nm. The films remain intact in water and various organic solvents, which is likely due to a strong affinity between C-60(Py)(n+) and G-O. Membranes made of the films showed a 6.8 times faster water vapor permeation rate (allowing the vapor to transport through the membrane almost freely) and a 10.5 times faster liquid water permeation rate than G-O membranes. Heating the films at 2000 degrees C under applied pressure or at 2700 degrees C without physical confinement converted them into highly graphitized structures. (C) 2020 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.