ZnFe2O4 Dendrite/SnO2 Helix 3D Hetero-Structure Photoanodes for Enhanced Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting: Triple Functions of SnO2 Nanohelix
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- ZnFe2O4 Dendrite/SnO2 Helix 3D Hetero-Structure Photoanodes for Enhanced Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting: Triple Functions of SnO2 Nanohelix
- Kim, Jeong Hun; Choi, Il Yong; Kim, Jin Hyun; Kim, Jaerim; Kim, Young Kyeong; Kim, Jong Kyu; Lee, Jae Sung
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- SMALL, v.17, no.47, pp.2103861
- An array of SnO2 nanohelix structures is employed to fabricate a SnO2 helix@ZnFe2O4 dendrite core-shell 3D heterostructure photoanode for photoelectrochemical (PEC) water splitting. The SnO2 helix provides triple critical functions to enhance the PEC performance of the photoanode. First, it scatters the incident light to achieve a higher light harvesting efficiency. Second, it provides a facile electron pathway as an electron transfer layer (ETL) while blocking hole transport to mitigate charge recombination in the bulk of ZnFe2O4. Finally, it becomes a template for the formation of ZnFe2O4 dendrite nanostructure shell. The ZnFe2O4 dendrite/SnO2 helix photoanode exhibits a remarkable increase in incident photon-to-electron conversion efficiency compared to unmodified ZnFe2O4 with no ETL and modified one with "flat" SnO2 ETL. The surface of the ZnFe2O4/SnO2 helix photoanode is further modified with TiO2 passivation layer and NiFeOx oxygen evolution co-catalyst to achieve one of the best PEC performances among reported ZnFe2O4-based photoanodes.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.