Electrochemical properties of B-site Ni doped layered perovskite cathodes for IT-SOFCs
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Electrochemical properties of B-site Ni doped layered perovskite cathodes for IT-SOFCs
- Jun, Areum; Lim, Tak-hyoung; Shin, Jeeyoung; Kim, Guntae
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HYDROGEN ENERGY, v.39, no.35, pp.20791 - 20798
- Offering fast oxygen reduction kinetics and high electrical conductivities relative to those of ABO3-type perovskite oxides, layered perovskite cathode materials have received considerable attention for intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cells (IT-SOFCs). In this study, we have investigated the effects of Ni substitution for the Co site in SmBa0.5Sr0.5Co2O5+δ in terms of structural characteristics, electrical properties, and electrochemical performance of SmBa0.5Sr0.5Co2-xNixO5+δ (x=0, 0.1, and 0.2) in relation to its application as an IT-SOFC cathode material. At the given temperature, the electrical conductivities of SmBa0.5Sr0.5Co2-xNixO5+δ (x=0, 0.1, and 0.2) decrease with increasing Ni content. For x=0.1, the lowest ASR value, 0.125Ωcm2, and the highest single cell performance, 1.78Wcm-2 at 600°C, are obtained.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.