Flexible Organic Photovoltaics with Colorful Semi-Transparent Metal/Dielectric/Metal Top Electrode
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Flexible Organic Photovoltaics with Colorful Semi-Transparent Metal/Dielectric/Metal Top Electrode
- Kim, Jae Won; Yuk, Dohun; Lee, Woojin; Rasool, Shafket; Kim, Jin Young
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- ECS JOURNAL OF SOLID STATE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, v.10, no.6, pp.065007
- Organic solar cells (OSCs) have the advantages of a semi-transparent thin film, and of changing colors through controlling optical energy bandgap of organic semiconducting materials. In addition, the flexible OSCs can also be fabricated to be applied in multiple applications such as film-type or foldable solar cells. Here, we have fabricated flexible semi-transparent organic solar cells (STOSCs) with high transparency accompanying highly vivid red, green, and blue colors. To gain high transparency of STOSCs, we employed Fabry-Perot etalon-type electrodes. An antimony oxide (Sb2O3) cavity layer was introduced between two thin silver layers. By adjusting the thickness of Sb2O3 from 45 nm to 100 nm, vivid colors of red, green, and blue semi-transparent top electrodes were achieved. Besides, selecting well-matched photoactive layers for each color, a less drop of short-circuit current density (J(sc)) has been observed. Finally, we obtained high maximum transmittance of 22.52%, 30.10%, and 22.13%, with a power conversion efficiency of 9.16%, 9.85%, and 12.64% for red, green, and blue STOSCs, respectively. Likewise, a power conversion efficiency of 5.75% was achieved with a green-colored large area sub-module.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.