Effects of particle trapping and velocity slippage on beam-plasma interactions
Cited 1 times inCited 0 times in
- Effects of particle trapping and velocity slippage on beam-plasma interactions
- Lee, HJ; Lee, JK; Bae, I; Hur, Min Sup
- Beam-plasma instability; Chaos; Hybrid simulation; Pbilityarticle trapping; Sideband insta; Velocity slippage
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- PHYSICS LETTERS A, v.247, no.4-5, pp.313 - 318
- Nonlinear oscillations in homogeneous beam-plasma interactions are studied with respect to the trapping of beam particles and the velocity difference between the beam and the excited wave. A parameter defined as the ratio of bounce to oscillation frequencies divided by velocity slippage, is shown to be a good measure for the chaos in the system. The chaotic oscillation with a large value of this parameter is associated with a sideband instability.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.