Additional focusing of a high-intensity laser beam in a plasma with a density ramp and a magnetic field
Cited 16 times inCited 12 times in
- Additional focusing of a high-intensity laser beam in a plasma with a density ramp and a magnetic field
- Gupta, Devki Nandan; Hur, Min Sup; Suk, Hyyong
- ELECTRON ACCELERATION; UNDERDENSE PLASMA; PULSE; LIGHT; SIMULATION
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, v.91, no.8, pp.1 - 3
- Propagation of a high power Gaussian laser beam through a plasma with a density ramp where a magnetic field is present has been investigated. The spot size of the laser beam decreases as the beam penetrates into the plasma due to the role of a plasma density ramp. The studies show that the combined effect of a plasma density ramp and a magnetic field enhances the self-focusing property of the laser beam. Both factors not only reduce the spot size of the laser beam but also maintain it with only a mild ripple over several Rayleight lengths.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.