Electron acceleration by a short laser beam in the presence of a long-wavelength electromagnetic wave
Cited 9 times inCited 7 times in
- Electron acceleration by a short laser beam in the presence of a long-wavelength electromagnetic wave
- Gupta, Devki Nanadan; Kumar, Sandeep; Yoon, Moohyun; Hur, Min Sup; Suk, Hyyong
- HIGH-INTENSITY LASER; SHORT-PULSE LASER; PLASMA ACCELERATOR; HIGH-ENERGY; VACUUM; GENERATION; ULTRASHORT; TRANSPORT; TARGETS
- Issue Date
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, v.102, no.5, pp.1 - 3
- A scheme for laser-induced acceleration of an electron injected initially at an angle to the direction of a short-wavelength laser is investigated, where an additional long-wavelength electromagnetic wave is introduced to achieve high energy gain. Due to the beating effect of the electromagnetic waves, the electron can gain additional energy. Some computational results are presented to estimate the electron energy gain by the proposed scheme, where the gain increases by increasing the difference of the wavelengths.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- PHY_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.