Analytical probability density calculation for step pulse response of a single-ended buffer with arbitrary power-supply voltage fluctuations
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Analytical probability density calculation for step pulse response of a single-ended buffer with arbitrary power-supply voltage fluctuations
- Kim, Jingook; Lee, Junho; Cho, Sunki; Hwang, Chulsoon; Yoon, Changwook; Fan, Jun
- Bit error rate (BER); power distribution network (PDN); power supply induced jitter (PSIJ); power-supply voltage fluctuations; probability density function (PDF); signal integrity; single-ended buffer; statistical link simulation
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CIRCUITS AND SYSTEMS I-REGULAR PAPERS, v.61, no.7, pp.2022 - 2033
- An analytical methodology to calculate the probability density functions (PDFs) for the step pulse response of a single-ended buffer with arbitrary power-supply voltage fluctuations is proposed. To validate the theory, a silicon IC with noise-aggressing buffers and a victim buffer was designed, fabricated, and assembled in a printed circuit board (PCB). The overall power distribution network (PDN) of the IC and PCB was modeled from impedance measurements. The PDFs of the step pulse response of the victim buffer with power-supply voltage fluctuations were calculated and validated by comparisons with HSPICE and experimental results. The obtained PDFs due to power-supply voltage fluctuations could be combined with the statistical link simulation methods for quick estimation of bit error rate (BER).
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.