Directing Polymorphism in the Helical Nanofilament Phase
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Directing Polymorphism in the Helical Nanofilament Phase
- Park, Wongi; Yang, Minyong; Park, Hyewon; Wolska, Joanna M.; Ahn, Hyungju; Shin, Tae Joo; Pociecha, Damian; Gorecka, Ewa; Yoon, Dong Ki
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- CHEMISTRY-A EUROPEAN JOURNAL
- Herein, it is reported that the polymorphism in the helical nanofilament (HNF, B-4) liquid-crystalline phase depends on the fabrication methods, that is, UV-driven formation and template-assisted self-assembly in the nanoconfined geometry. As a result, uniaxially oriented HNFs with different helical structures were obtained, in which generation of the twisted-ribbon and cylindrical-ribbon polymorphs showed that even the molecular lattice has a different orientation. The detailed structures were directly observed by SEM and grazing-incidence X-ray diffraction with synchrotron radiation. The resultant polymorphs could be used in chiro-optical applications due to the capability for fine control of the helical structures.
- Appears in Collections:
- UCRF_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.