Stability Analysis of 300-GHz Sheet Electron Beam Transport in a Periodic Rectangular Quadrupole
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Stability Analysis of 300-GHz Sheet Electron Beam Transport in a Periodic Rectangular Quadrupole
- Choi, Wonjin; Lee, Ingeun; Shin, Jinwoo; Choi, EunMi
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON PLASMA SCIENCE, v.49, no.3, pp.1121 - 1127
- A novel periodic magnetic focusing system is proposed. The stability of elliptical sheet beam transport in the magnetic field of a periodic rectangular quadrupole (PRQ) is studied and compared with that in the magnetic field of periodically cusped magnets (PCMs). Theoretically predicted matching conditions are verified by numerical simulations. An 11.7- kV, 35-mA, 0.32 mm x 0.06 mm elliptical sheet beam is confined in a 0.53 mm x 0.08 mm beam tunnel and transported over a distance of 30 mm. Both the PCM and PRQ have similar characteristics of electron beam distribution change, beam emittance, and beam transmission. The results of the initial stability analysis indicate that PCMs are preferable to PRQs because of their ability to confine the beam with a long magnet period.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.