Novel LiCoO2 cathode material with Al2O3 coating for a Li ion cell
Cited 270 times inCited 259 times in
- Novel LiCoO2 cathode material with Al2O3 coating for a Li ion cell
- Cho, Jaephil; Kim, YJ; Park, B
- RECHARGEABLE LITHIUM BATTERIES; R(3)OVER-BAR-M; INTERCALATION
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- CHEMISTRY OF MATERIALS, v.12, no.12, pp.3788 - 3791
- A high-performance LiCoO2 cathode was successively fabricated by a sol-gel coating of Al2O3 to the LiCoO2 particle surfaces and subsequent heat treatment at 600 degreesC for 3 h. Unlike bare LiCoO2, the Al2O8-coated LiCoO2 cathode exhibits no decrease in its original specific capacity of 174 mA h/g (vs Lithium metal) and excellent capacity retention (97% of its initial capacity) between 4.4 and 2.15 V after 50 cycles. A similar excellent capacity retention of the coated LiCoO2 is also observed in a Li ion cell (C/LiCoO2). This is because the high concentration of Al atoms at the particle surface region leads to the enhancement of structural stability of LiCoO2 during cycling, which originates from the disappearance of the phase transition from a hexagonal to monoclinic phase.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.