Enhanced structural stability of o-LiMnO2 by sol-gel coating of Al2O3
Cited 56 times inCited 56 times in
- Enhanced structural stability of o-LiMnO2 by sol-gel coating of Al2O3
- Cho, Jaephil; Kim, YJ; Kim, TJ; Park, B
- ORTHORHOMBIC LIMNO2; LITHIUM; BATTERIES; EXTRACTION; CATHODES; LIMN2O4; SPINELS
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- CHEMISTRY OF MATERIALS, v.13, no.1, pp.18 - 20
- Sol-gel coating of Al2O3 and subsequent heat-treatment at 400 degreesC greatly improved structural instability of orthohombic LiMnO2 during electrochemical cycling at 55 degreesC. The coated electrode showed only 2% capacity loss after 50 cycles, which was superior to that of the bare one (35% loss) in its capacity stability. This was attributed to the formation of a protective coating layer, consisting of LiMn1-xAlxO2, only at the particle surface.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.