The effect of Al2O3 coating on the cycle life performance in thin-film LiCoO2 cathodes
Cited 34 times inCited 55 times in
- The effect of Al2O3 coating on the cycle life performance in thin-film LiCoO2 cathodes
- Kim, YJ; Kim, TJ; Shin, JW; Park, B; Cho, Jaephil
- RECHARGEABLE LITHIUM BATTERIES; PULSED-LASER DEPOSITION; ION CELL; INTERCALATION; MICROSTRUCTURE; LIXCOO2
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- JOURNAL OF THE ELECTROCHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.149, no.10, pp.A1337 - A1341
- The electrochemical stability of LiCoO2 films is improved by an ∼10 nm Al2O3 coating on top of the thin-film cathode material. Galvanostatic charge/discharge experiments showed enhanced electrochemical properties in the Al2O3-coated LiCoO2 films than the bare ones. This phenomenon is related to the faster Li diffusion rate in the Al2O3-coated samples, as evidenced by cyclic voltammograms. This provides easier pathways for Li-ion migration by forming a thin-film solid solution layer (LiCo1-xAlxOz). Similar results were observed in LiCoO2 powders, showing enhanced cycle performance after coating with a thin-film metal-oxide coating. However, unlike the powder geometry, both bare and Al2O3-coated LiCoO2 thin films showed negligible c axis expansion.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.