A breakthrough in the safety of lithium secondary batteries by coating the cathode material with AIPO(4) nanoparticles
Cited 180 times inCited 163 times in
- A breakthrough in the safety of lithium secondary batteries by coating the cathode material with AIPO(4) nanoparticles
- Cho, Jaephil; Kim, YW; Kim, B; Lee, JG; Park, B
- coatings; electrochemistry; electrodes; lithium; safety
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ANGEWANDTE CHEMIE-INTERNATIONAL EDITION, v.42, no.14, pp.1618 - 1621
- The hard cell! There have been numerous reports highlighting the questionable safety of lithium secondary batteries, an example of which is shown here, where exothermic reactions of LiCoO2 electrodes have considerable fire and explosion potential. The coating of such electrodes with a layer of AlPO4 nanoparticles is shown to reduce these risks significantly, even where a short circuit of the cell was observed.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.