Synthesis, thermal, and electrochemical properties of AlPO4-coated LiNi0.8Co0.1Mn0.1O2 cathode materials for a Li-ion cell
Cited 65 times inCited 64 times in
- Synthesis, thermal, and electrochemical properties of AlPO4-coated LiNi0.8Co0.1Mn0.1O2 cathode materials for a Li-ion cell
- Cho, Jaephil; Kim, TJ; Kim, J; Noh, M; Park, B
- LITHIUM SECONDARY BATTERIES; RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES; ELECTRODE; SAFETY; LINI1-XCOXO2; PERFORMANCE; CHEMISTRY; STABILITY; LINIO2
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- JOURNAL OF THE ELECTROCHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.151, no.11, pp.A1899 - A1904
- Although LiNi0.8Co0.1Mn0.1O2 cathode material has a larger specific capacity than LiCoO2, their thermal instability has hindered their use in Li-ion cells. An AlPO4 coating on the LiNi0.8Co0.1Mn0.1O2 cathode, however, noticeably diminished the violent exothermic reaction of the cathode material with the electrolyte, without sacrificing the specific capacity of the bare LiNi0.8Co0.1Mn0.1O2 (188 mAh/g at 4.3 V charge cut off). The results were consistent with the thermal abuse tests using Li-ion cells; the AlPO4-coated LiNi0.8Co0.1Mn0.1O2 cathode did not exhibit thermal runaway with smoke and explosion, in contrast to the cell containing the bare cathode. In addition, the AlPO4-coated LiNi0.8Co0.1Mn0.1O2 cathode exhibited a superior cycle-life performance compared to the bare LiNi0.8Co0.1Mn0.1O2.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.