Correlation between local strain and cycle-life performance of AlPO4-coated LiCoO2 cathodes
Cited 35 times inCited 32 times in
- Correlation between local strain and cycle-life performance of AlPO4-coated LiCoO2 cathodes
- Kim, Byoungsoo; Lee, Joon-Gon; Choi, Myungsuk; Cho, Jaephil; Park, Byungwoo
- AlPO4-nanoparticle coating; Battery; Cycle-life; LiCoO2; Local strain
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- JOURNAL OF POWER SOURCES, v.126, no.1-2, pp.190 - 192
- AlPO4-coated LiCoO2 cathodes display improved cycle-life performance compared with bare LiCoO2. This is attributed to suppression of cobalt dissolution from the cathodes by the AlPO 4-nanoparticle coating. Dissolution of cobalt during cycling with a charge cut-off voltage of 4.6 V leads to structural degradation, and induces a non-uniform distribution of local strain in the cathodes. The strain in coated samples is significantly reduced after 50 cycles, and is correlated with the enhanced cycle-life performance.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.