Quantitative measurement of the external and internal bleeding of conventional concrete and SCC
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Quantitative measurement of the external and internal bleeding of conventional concrete and SCC
- Kim, Jae Hong; Yim, Hong Jae; Kwon, Seung Hee
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- CEMENT & CONCRETE COMPOSITES, v.54, pp.34 - 39
- This study focuses on features and conditions of external and internal bleeding of fresh concrete and SCC for use in quality evaluation. To measure the amount of water expelled as a result of external bleeding and the settling of solid particles in a prepared concrete mixture which has not set, a self-weight consolidation approach was performed. Internal bleeding was then evaluated based on the proposed methodology, in which the quantitative measurement of internal bleed water is the first and most significant task for evaluating the effect on bonding failure. This study also illustrated that tendency by presenting bleeding measurements for a variety of ordinary concretes as well as SCC. The effects of chemical and mineral admixtures were observed. Furthermore, potential bleeding was discussed based on the permeability tests of paste samples.
- Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.