Core-shell structures and precipitation kinetics of Al3 (Sc, Zr) Li2 intermetallic phase in Al-rich alloy
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Core-shell structures and precipitation kinetics of Al3 (Sc, Zr) Li2 intermetallic phase in Al-rich alloy
- Radmilovic. V; Tolley A.; Lee, Zonghoon; Dahmen, U.
- Issue Date
- CROATIAN METALLURGICAL SOC
- METALURGIJA, v.12, no.4, pp.309 - 314
- While binary Al-Sc alloys form Al3Sc intermetallic precipitates, ternary Al-Sc-Zr alloys develop precipitates that contain both Sc and Zr. Electron microscopy characterization using Z-contrast imaging indicates rapid initial formation of Al3(Sc, Zr) precipitates with a Sc-rich core followed by the slower development of a Zr-rich Al3(Zr, Sc) shell. The shell acts as a diffusion barrier, slowing down the rate of precipitate coarsening.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.