Growth of perimeter for vortex patches in a bulk
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Growth of perimeter for vortex patches in a bulk
- Choi, Kyudong; Jeong, In-Jee
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- APPLIED MATHEMATICS LETTERS, v.113, pp.106857
- We consider the two-dimensional incompressible Euler equations. We construct vortex patches with smooth boundary on T-2 and R-2 whose perimeter grows with time. More precisely, for any constant M > 0, we construct a vortex patch in T-2 whose smooth boundary has length of order 1 at the initial time such that the perimeter grows up to the given constant M within finite time. The construction is done by cutting a thin slit out of an almost square patch. A similar result holds for an almost round patch with a thin handle in R-2. (c) 2020 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- MTH_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.