Assembly Part Positioning on Transformable Pin Array Fixture by Active Pin Maximization and Joining Point Alignment
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Assembly Part Positioning on Transformable Pin Array Fixture by Active Pin Maximization and Joining Point Alignment
- Park, Jin Woo; Park, Jongil; Kim, Hansol; Kim, Namhun; Kim, Duck Young
- Issue Date
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON AUTOMATION SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING, pp.1 - 11
- Designing and installing jigs and fixtures for new products are very costly tasks. In order to rapidly respond to frequent product changes in a manufacturing system, we developed a transformable pin array fixture system including reconfiguration planning software that finds the optimal position for mounting an assembly part and automatically generates a pin height control code. We first classified main fixturing quality factors such as type of contact, distance between a pin and a joining point, and part shape. We then formulate the part positioning problem as an alignment problem between the joining point set and the pin point set in the xy plane in consideration of the fixturing quality factors. A car door trim assembly module was used to verify the proposed method. Finite-element analysis results showed that in a car door trim assembly process such as ultrasonic welding and screwing, relocating an assembly part at the optimal position reduces its deformation.
- Appears in Collections:
- MEN_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.