A layer-built rechargeable lithium ribbon-type battery for high energy density textile battery applications
Cited 2 times inCited 0 times in
- A layer-built rechargeable lithium ribbon-type battery for high energy density textile battery applications
- Kim, Jae-Kwang; Scheers, Johan; Ryu, Ho-Suk; Ahn, Jou-Hyeon; Nam, Tae-Hyun; Kim, Ki-Won; Ahn, Hyo-Jun; Cho, Gyu-Bong; Jacobsson, Per
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRYROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS CHEMISTRY A, v.2, no.6, pp.1774 - 1780
- We designed a novel layer-built rechargeable lithium ribbon-type battery intended for textile or cloth based applications. The ribbon-type battery, 2.4 mm (or 1 mm) wide and 10 cm long, is composed of a double layer LiFePO4 cathode and an amorphous silicon nanofilm. The double layer LiFePO4 and amorphous silicon electrodes were prepared using the doctor blade method and a vertical deposition technique, respectively. The structure and morphology of the LiFePO4 and the silicon thin film were characterized by Rietveld refinement, SEM and TEM. At room temperature the ribbon-type battery exhibited an initial discharge capacity of 166.4 and 132.7 mA h g (1) at 0.5 and 1 C-rate, respectively. A reasonably good cycling performance and high coulombic efficiency under the high current density of 1 C-rate could be obtained with the Si/LiFePO4 ribbon-type battery. Also, a high volumetric capacity of 336 mA h cm (3) at 0.5 C-rate was achieved, which makes the ribbon-type battery suitable for practical use.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.