A tri-modal aluminum based composite with super-high strength
Cited 79 times inCited 81 times in
- A tri-modal aluminum based composite with super-high strength
- Ye, J; Han, BQ; Lee, Zonghoon; Ahn, B; Nutt, SR; Schoenung, JM
- Aluminum alloy; Compression test; Cryomilling; Metal matrix composites; Nanocrystalline
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCRIPTA MATERIALIA, v.53, no.5, pp.481 - 486
- A bulk composite with 10 wt.% B 4C, 50 wt.% coarse-grained 5083 Al and the balance nanocrystalline 5083 Al was fabricated, using cryomilling and compaction. This tri-modal composite exhibited an extremely high yield strength (up to 1065 MPa) when tested under compressive load. The structure-property relationships are discussed.
- ; Go to Link
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.