Direct laser writing of poly(phenylene vinylene) on poly(barrelene)
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Direct laser writing of poly(phenylene vinylene) on poly(barrelene)
- Tang, Tang; Ahumada, Guillermo; Bielawski, Christopher W.
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- POLYMER CHEMISTRY, v.11, no.34, pp.5437 - 5443
- The ring-opening metathesis polymerization of barrelene (bicyclo[2.2.2]octa-2,5,7-triene) is described. The monomer was synthesized using an optimized route and characterized, for the first time, using X-ray diffraction analysis of a coordination complex. The solubility of poly(barrelene) was found to correlate with the ratio of cis to trans exocyclic vinylenes in the polymer backbone. Copolymers of barrelene and norbornene were also prepared and used to obtain robust films. The barrelene-containing polymers underwent spontaneous dehydrogenation under air or upon being subjected to laser pulses to afford poly(phenylene vinylene). A series of well-defined patterns with micrometer dimensions were created by direct laser writing on films of poly(barrelene-co-norbornene) and visualized by the fluorescence of the conjugated polymer that formed upon irradiation.
- Appears in Collections:
- CHM_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.