Cobalt-Free Pr0.5Ba0.4Sr0.1FeO3-delta as a Highly Efficient Cathode for Commercial YSZ-Supported Solid Oxide Fuel Cell
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Cobalt-Free Pr0.5Ba0.4Sr0.1FeO3-delta as a Highly Efficient Cathode for Commercial YSZ-Supported Solid Oxide Fuel Cell
- Kim, Hyunmin; Joo, Sangwook; Kwon, Ohhun; Choi, Sihyuk; Kim, Guntae
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- CHEMELECTROCHEM, v.7, no.21, pp.4378 - 4382
- Cobalt-free perovskite oxides with mixed ionic and electronic conducting (MIEC) properties have been considered as promising alternatives for solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) cathode material. Among the cobalt-free perovskite oxides, iron-based perovskite oxides have received much spotlight as potential candidates for high-temperature SOFC cathode material attributed to their great catalytic activity for the oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) and excellent cell operation durability. Herein, Sr-doped Pr0.5Ba0.4Sr0.1FeO3-delta (PBSF) is presented with the aims of enhancing the catalytic activity for ORR while retaining great durability for yttria-stabilized zirconia (YSZ)-supported SOFC. The developed PBSF exhibited outstanding cathodic polarization resistance of 0.05 omega cm(2) at 850 degrees C, which is 3 times lower than the commercial La1-xSrxMnO3-delta. Furthermore, there is no observable degradation for 50 hours. This study presents a great potential to replace the commercial cathodes for YSZ-supported SOFC.
- Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.