A secure system for genomics clinical decision support
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A secure system for genomics clinical decision support
- Karimi, Seemeen; Jiang, Xiaoqian; Dolin, Robert H.; Kim, Miran; Boxwala, Aziz
- Issue Date
- Academic Press
- JOURNAL OF BIOMEDICAL INFORMATICS, v.112, pp.103602
- We developed a prototype genomic archiving and communications system to securely store genome data and provide clinical decision support (CDS). This system operates on a client-server model. The client encrypts the data, and the server stores data and performs the computations necessary for CDS. Computations are directly performed on encrypted data, and the client decrypts results. The server cannot decrypt inputs or outputs, which provides strong guarantees of security. We have validated our system with three genomics-based CDS applications. The results demonstrate that it is possible to resolve a long-standing dilemma in genomic data privacy and accessibility, by using a principled cryptographical framework and a mathematical representation of genome data and CDS questions.
- Appears in Collections:
- CSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.