Borophene with Large Holes
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Borophene with Large Holes
- Wang, Yong; Park, Yunjae; Qiu, Lu; Mitchell, Izaac; Ding, Feng
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY LETTERS, v.11, no.15, pp.6235 - 6241
- In two-dimensional (2D) borophene, the structural transition from triangular lattice to hexagonal lattice with an increase in vacancy concentration is a basic principle of constructing various borophene isomers. Here, by performing an extensive structural search of 4239 borophene isomers with both hexagonal holes (HHs) and large holes (LHs), we show that the structural transformation from triangular lattice to borophene with large holes is energetically more favorable. Borophene isomers with LHs are more stable than those with only HHs at high vacancy concentrations (>20%) and are just slightly less stable than those with only HHs at low vacancy concentrations. This discovery greatly expands the family of 2D borophene and opens a route for synthesizing new borophene isomers.
- Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.