Segmented Differential Power Processing Converter Unit and Control Algorithm for Photovoltaic Systems
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Segmented Differential Power Processing Converter Unit and Control Algorithm for Photovoltaic Systems
- Jeong, Hoejeong; Park, Seungbin; Jung, Jee-Hoon; Kim, Taewon; Kim, A-Rong; Kim, Katherine A
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, v.36, no.7, pp.7797 - 7809
- Differential power processing (DPP) for photovoltaic (PV) systems can achieve high system efficiency and maintain maximum power production even under mismatched conditions. However, DPP converters applied to large-scale systems have challenges of complicated installation and high voltage ratings. The segmented DPP structure is introduced as a modular approach that utilizes groups of bidirectional DPP flyback converters to maximize PV power generation while minimizing converter power loss. Groups of four DPP converters are combined into a segmented DPP unit with maximum power point tracking (MPPT) control to maximize output power of the unit. The segmented DPP system and control algorithm are verified through simulation and hardware experimentation. Simulation results verify the effectiveness of the control algorithm with multiple segmented DPP units interacting with a typical inverter employing MPPT. Experimental results verify that system efficiency of the segmented DPP unit reaches 96.4% in even lighting conditions, reaches 92.7% in severe partial shading conditions, and shows an increase of up to 14.8% in uneven lighting conditions compared to an equivalent series-connected PV system.
- Appears in Collections:
- EE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.