Causal inference with observational data under cluster-specific non-ignorable assignment mechanism
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Causal inference with observational data under cluster-specific non-ignorable assignment mechanism
- Kim, Gi-Soo; Paik, Myunghee Cho; Kim, Hongsoo
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- COMPUTATIONAL STATISTICS & DATA ANALYSIS, v.113, pp.88 - 99
- An estimator of the population average causal treatment effect is proposed for multi-level clustered data from observational studies when the treatment assignment mechanism is cluster-specific non-ignorable. This is motivated from a health policy study to evaluate the cost associated with rehospitalization due to premature discharge. The proposed estimator utilizes cluster-level calibration condition and is shown to be consistent and asymptotically normal. The proposed method is evaluated along with existing methods through simulations and is applied to the health care cost study using California inpatient dataset. (C) 2016 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- SME_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.